At GSES, we work ensure that every child and staff member is safe in their school. Safety drills are practiced and reviewed regularly. If you would like to review a copy of our safety plan please stop by our front office.
• All exterior doors are to remain locked all day. Do not prop open doorways.
• Teachers should have the emergency procedures posted in a visible location near the doorway with their class list and red/green fire drill card. Emergency procedures should also be placed in all substitute notes.
• All staff must wear their badge and carry a key card at all times.
• All visitors must check into the office and get a visitor badge. If you see a visitor without a badge, please direct them to the office to get a badge – even if you know them.
• Please call the office if you notice suspicious activity. If you are unsure and consider it a threat, call 911 and then the office.
• Staff on duty should be aware of activity on sidewalks, trails, and in parking lots while they are supervising the playground. Walk around during duty so you can observe the entire grounds.