GSES RENOVATION INFORMATION
Want to know more about our construction project? We'll keep you updated on a regular basis on this page. For more information on all RFSD Bond projects go to RFSD Bond Project Updates.
The New GSES Addition and Renovation Project – Summer Update
Summer is coming to a close, and so is Phase I of the new GSES renovation and addition project. The team is excited to announce that Phase I of the project was completed on schedule and on budget. Teachers and staff are beginning to move into their new spaces to gear up for the start of school on September 5th. Paint is fresh and the walls and new furniture is arriving on site daily! Students and Staff will be using a combination of the new facility and the modulars to run programs in Fall of 2017.
Over the course of the summer, the team was able to get started on Phase II and Phase III of the project which included the abatement and demolition of Old Main (Phase I), and the foundation work for the new café/Kitchen addition (Phase III). Site work also continues to progress on schedule.
The project is still on schedule to complete the renovation of Old Main over the winter break, so students and staff can move in to start the spring semester in 2018. The Kitchen and Café addition is still on track to complete in March of 2018. The playground and site work will continue on through December of this year, and be functional to start the Spring semester as well.
There has been a lot of coordination with the City of Glenwood, the GSES team, and the District to try and accommodate, as best as possible, traffic flow in the downtown area during the bridge closure from 8/14- Thanksgiving. The traffic patterns for GSES staff, buses, and parents were presented last spring and will be re-presented on back to school night for parents. Additionally, there are mailers that will include this information for your reference and use. it will be a tight and congested couple of months, but it is only temporary! We are excited for the new bridge project to really open up traffic flows our area.
Newsletters and Advertisements
- ·Subcontractor Open House: https://www.dropbox.com/s/
ft64emkq86g2hl7/RFSD% 20Subcontractor%20Open% 20House%20Advertisement%20rev% 2002.pdf?dl=0
- ·Summer 2016 Newsletter: Construction Update: June 15, 2016
- ·Conceptual Design: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/
- ·Schematic Design: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/
- ·Design Development: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i9l70v56pwa9gzs/AADd30ODt66mE47sGUJKRQ2ha?dl=0
- ·50% Construction Documents: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jr05ml14nb1x368/AABOtmFIUCg7pktQrjMMnAfYa?dl=0
- ·100% Construction Documents: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v3jqkk8nu4kp98u/AAAtP5rGqowIgKIuB4IBfhVAa?dl=0
- ·Construction schedules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig3eh6yk8xlkuew/Schedule%20Update%20November%202016.pdf?dl=0
- ·Observation reports: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jy7j7ww5ih78rxo/AABI9qyl1qDQw5v-UaW2ee8pa?dl=0
- ·Neighborhood traffic plans: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jfdefwyc03c2lt/Phase%20I%20Traffic.pdf?dl=0
- ·Student/Staff Safety during Construction: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9aid4trxm0xymis/AAAjeqbj599KpGfLr4FPgcA8a?dl=0
BEST Grant Information
- ·Grant Application: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/
- ·LEED Scorecard: https://www.dropbox.com/s/